About the Downtown Street & Art Fair
The 8th Annual Downtown Art and Street Fair is Saturday, April 8, from 10am-6pm in the 200 block of W. 26th Street in Historic Downtown Bryan, Texas.
The event features artists and artisans as well as live music and street performers. An arts demonstration and hands-on art activity area for all ages will also be part of the festivities. Admission is free to the public.
As a recognized Texas Cultural District, Downtown Bryan actively fosters the arts. This fair continues to build on that - inviting area arts lovers to attend, as well as actively marketing the event to Texas A&M students and their parents. The Art Fair coincides with Texas A&M's Family Weekend, a tradition that draws thousands of visiting parents each semester.About Your Application
You are invited to submit your application to be an exhibitor in the 8th Annual Downtown Street and Art Fair. The core of the day is the exhibition and sale of original art. The application fee is $25.00 which is non-refundable.The Booth Fee is $100.00 and will only be accepted once the artist is approved. The invitation to join the show must be accepted and booth fee paid by March 31, 2017.
All artists must go through the online application process. All artists must submit photos of the items that will be sold and a booth shot. The booth shot may be a mock-up that you do at home.
Submission deadline for images and entry form is February 28, 2017. Late applications will be accepted through April 6, 2017 pending space availability with a $25 late fee.
Applications will be accepted by our jury on a rolling basis to ensure convenience for planning.
Each applicant must submit no later than February 28, an application for the type of artwork he/she wishes to exhibit.
References to websites alone will not be accepted.
All works submitted will be considered for jurying based upon merit. The Downtown Arts and Culture Association reserves the right to reject works that do not meet the professional standards listed here.Key Application Dates for Exhibitors
February 28, 2017: Artist application deadline
March 31, 2017: Artist reply deadline to acceptance and payment of booth fee and any other additional fees
April 8, 2017: Artist check in and setup at 6:00AM
April 8, 2017: Art Fair opens to the public 10:00AM – 6:00PMStandards and Rules
In order to maintain the quality of the Downtown Street and Art Fair, artwork should be original, handmade work with and the artisan must be present at the event. Mass-produced or commercial products will not be accepted. Crafts made from kits or designed after commercial kits, ceramics using manufactured molds as a base, plastic, dried or silk flower centerpieces, bazaar-type knick-knacks, wood-working and sewing from commercial patterns and craft items are not appropriate for this show.
Artists marketing reproduction prints of their original work must have prints clearly labeled as such. Reproductions should not comprise more than 50% of your exhibition. All work exhibited must be equivalent in quality to that depicted in application images. Images submitted must be representative of all work to be shown at the Downtown Street and Art Fair. DACA reserves the right to refuse space to any artist not complying with these guidelines.
Booth sharing is discouraged. However, a maximum of two people may share a booth but both artists must individually apply and each artist must pay the application fee. Medium Categories
- 2-D Mixed Media - Includes collage and handmade paper, incorporates more than one type of material, and has a relief depth of less than 1/8 inch.
- 3-D Mixed Media - Works with more than 1/8 inch of relief depth - This category is for objects that are "decorative" rather than "useful" – See Functional Art (below)
- CERAMICS - Original Clay Work - No machine made or mass-produced work is accepted.
- DRAWING - Pencil, charcoal, chalk, pastels, etc.
- FIBER - No machine tooling, machine-screened patterns or other forms of mass production accepted - This category is intended for handcrafted fiber, straw, leather, or other similar materials.
- FUNCTIONAL ART - 3-D creations which serve a purpose such as implements, furniture, doll houses, wind chimes, kaleidoscopes, etc.
- GLASS - No molds or other forms of mass production allowed.
- JEWELRY - No commercial casts, molds, or production studio work.
- PAINTING - Oil, acrylics, etc.
- PHOTOGRAPHY – Film or digital photography.
- PRINTMAKING - Artist created prints, serigraphs, digital art, etc., properly signed and numbered. Giclées may be sold if less than 50% of your exhibit and they are signed and numbered in limited edition. No mechanically printed offset printing or lithography will be accepted.
- SCULPTURE - 3-Dimensional original work done in any medium will be considered.
- WATERCOLOR - Layered and pigmented water-based media including; acrylic, gouache, tempera and transparent watercolors applied to archival acid-free stock or handmade papers.
Artist amenities include the following
- WOODWORK - Original hand-tooled, machine worked or carved work.
Booth Details and Fees
- A welcome packet
- Volunteer booth sitters as needed for breaks during the fair
- An artist hospitality area with light refreshments including free bottled water
- Promotion of your work on our website leading up to and after the fair
- Enthusiastic promotion and marketing of the event to draw in as many potential customers as possible.
The Downtown Street and Art Fair is juried for a general audience and reserves the right to remove any work deemed unsuitable by Festival officials.
A 10' x 10' booth space marked out on the street is available for artists featuring work in the fine arts and fine crafts.
Booths have a flat fee — no commission on sales will be charged.
Booth placement will be arranged by the Street Fair committee and will be issued on a first come, first serve basis after the juried selection process.
Artists must bring their own booth set-ups.
The event is located on the street and 10X10 tents are encouraged.
Limited electricity might be available upon request for an additional $25.00– if you require electricity please include this on your application form. Festival is during daylight hours.
Spaces are pre-assigned and all assignments are final.
The application fee is $25.00 which is non-refundable.
The Booth Fee is $100.00 and will only be accepted once the artist is approved. The invitation to join the show must be accepted and booth fee paid by March 31, 2017.
If the applicant drops out the week of the Art Fair, none of the booth fee will be refunded.
The invitation to join the show must be accepted by March 31, 2016.
Proceeds from the Festival provide funding for year-round Downtown Bryan art programs. Booth fees also contribute to marketing for the event to draw in as many shoppers as possible.Demonstration Opportunities
Demonstrations which pertain to your medium during the art fair are encouraged.Legal Agreement
There will be no security provided outside of the City of Bryan police department special event officer. While every precaution will be taken for the safety and care of all artwork, in no case will the Downtown Art and Street Fair be responsible for loss or damage. If insurance is desired, it must be purchased by the artist. The Street Fair reserves the right to photograph, for promotional purposes only, any artwork or participants in Downtown Art and Street Fair.
By accepting an invitation to the show artists agree to the following:
I certify that I am the artist who creates the work I sell and am not an artist representative or wholesaler. I understand the Festival committee will visit all booths at intervals throughout the festival to ensure that all exhibitors comply with all festival rules. I further agree to abide by all regulations outlined in this agreement, the load-in and load-out instructions, security procedures, or any rule promulgated by the Festival Committee. I acknowledge that failure to abide by regulations and repeated non-compliance will result in expulsion and ineligibility for judging, awards, and participation in future Festival of the Arts. Expulsion of a participant from the Festival of the Arts is without the necessity of any written notice and without legal recourse or right to rebate any portion of the fees paid. I, as well as my participants, our heirs, successors and assigns agree to release and hold harmless the Downtown Street & Art Fair, The Downtown Bryan Association, The Arts Council of the Brazos Valley, their board of directors, staff, sponsors and affiliated charity partners and their heirs, successors, and assigns for any loss of property or physical harm, including, but not inclusive, of weather damage or cancellation due to weather. I further agree to waiver any and all rights without limitation on liability for the use of the festival space and service described. I grant permission to the Downtown Street & Art Fair, to reprint an image for promotional use of the Downtown Street & Art Fair. This includes the use in press releases, print, television, and the festival web site. In printed use, I will be acknowledged with credit.
Thank you for your interest! We hope you will apply to the Downtown Street & Art Fair 2017!For more information or questions on the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.